Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Saturn Mod Tutorial


Credit to Saturn(from KPSA; thanks to Vikroal for this info) for creating this mod. I could not find the official tutorial. (If anyone know, please tell me so I can update this post.) I mod this pen based on the pictures of Saturn mod I've seen. It looks simple so I guess my modification should be pretty close to original.

Stats
Length: ~21cm
Weight: Similar to Ivan Mod / Buster CYL
COG: =COP
Writing-Mechanism: N/A
Estimated cost: RM25~30 


___________________________________
Materials
2x Playcolor 2 (barrel, backplug)
2x Airfit BP/Jell (tip, grip; metal ring is optional)

___________________________________
The Making

1) Remove the inktube of PC2 and cut the whole tip of the small arrow side. Do the same for another PC2. You only need one PC2 backplug so remove either one.

2) Join the barrel together with the big arrow pointing at each other.

3) Now cut one Airfit grip into half and add to both sides. Put on the Airfit tips and the mod is basically done! Optional, you can add the metal rings from Airfits.

The weight and momentum is same as Ivan mod but this mod has a different feel due to the PC2 barrel is harder than ST and the PC2 barrel texture feels good too. Most importantly, there are many colour choices for PC2. ^^






5 comments:

  1. Saturn is from KPSA :)
    Great tutorial, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where can I buy Playcolor 2 in Malaysia?

    ReplyDelete
  3. @dynames00, I heard Cziplee in Bangsar(KL) and a store at Straits Quay(Penang) have PC2.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can I sub airfit tip to nextage or dr.grip tip?

    Can I sub pc2 with live colur??

    ReplyDelete

You are welcome to share your comments and suggestions as well as participate in the discussion.